Services for Staff
Welcome! Library staff looks forward to working with you. We offer a diverse array of services, resources, and collections for work or play, some of which are listed below. If you do not see something you're looking for, please Ask Us!
- Ask a Librarian- have a question, contact us!
- Databases - we provide access to over 500 databases where you can find articles, reports, images and more. You'll find a complete list here!
- FAQs - check here to see if our FAQs answer a question you have!
- Make an appointment - we’ll meet with you to answer questions you have or help you with your personal research.
- Off-campus access - you can access electronic resources we license from off-campus. You will need to enter your UMass NetID and password when prompted. If you want to search other sites such as Google Scholar, JSTOR, ScienceDirect, etc., using your own bookmarked links, you can do that by installing a UMass Remote Access Bookmarklet on your browser.
- Books - borrow a book from our collection or one of the Four Colleges Libraries with your UCard! And you can use the Five College catalog request item feature and pick-up the item in either the Du Bois Library or the Science & Engineering Library!
- Can’t find a book or DVD you want in our collection? Request if from the Commonwealth Catalog (all the public libraries in Massachusetts).. Or you request it through Interlibrary Loan!
- Children’s book collection - find them on the 21st floor
- DVDs and music
- Renewals - need to renew a book you borrowed from our collection? You can do that online! Select UMass Amherst from the list and then enter your UMass NetID and password
- News and Events - forthcoming events at the Libraries are listed here. Looking to host,an event in the Libraries, place an event request.