3D Print Policy
Digital Media Lab Operations Change Due to COVID-19
The Digital Media Lab has modified its offerings due to COVID-19. You can find information about these specific changes on the services pages. Please contact DML staff with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DML's 3D Print Services will be closed during the following periods:
- Nov. 25 - Dec. 6
- Dec.14 - Jan. 3
3D Print Service Availability Fall 2020
We will provide consultations and 3D printing production for our campus population for personal, academic, or professional production.
We will not produce prints for public patrons at this time. We are available for consultations related to learning about 3D printing technology, related software (3D modeling, model evaluation, etc), and more.
- The Library 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. No one is permitted to use 3D printing to create material that is:
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- For example, no weapons (Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10(j))
- Firearms or dangerous weapons per UMPD Weapons Advisory
- In violation of intellectual property rights.
- Print requests will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- The Library staff reserve the right to change the print queue as needed and the Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- Print quality or functionality is not guaranteed.
- Printed items are to be picked up within 14 days.
- Only designated Library staff have hands-on access to the 3D printers.