Microforms Retrieval Request
All microforms are held in a closed storage area of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library and are retrieved Monday through Friday. Please complete this form to request the retrieval of the microform items that you need.
- You will need an active UCard to access the Du Bois Library in order to access and view microforms from our collection onsite at UMass.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your microforms are available. .
- Retrieved microforms are checked out to you in advance prior to use on the Lower Level of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library or they can be picked up for offsite use or sent to any Five College library with which you are affiliated as your home library/designated pickup location.The loan period is 28 days. UMass patrons - Please specify below whether you wish to use/view the materials onsite at the Du Bois library or wish to pick up for use offsite.
- Microforms viewing and scanning equipment is available in Room 49 of the W.E.B. DuBois Library, located in the Learning Commons on the Lower Level.
- Use of the Du Bois Library's microform viewing/scanning facilities is by appointment only at this time for active UMass-Amherst students, faculty and staff. Once you have received email confirmation of availability for use, please use our scheduling form to make an appointment to use the microform viewing facilities at least one business day in advance of your arrival. Currently only one patron at a time is permitted in this room.For microform scanning, patrons should bring their own USB storage drive or portable hard drive.
- If you are planning to travel to the Du Bois Library to view microfilm, please note that in most cases, we are able to lend our microforms via Interlibrary Loan. We encourage you to see if your local public or college library has Interlibrary Loan services and microform readers so you do not need to make an unnecessary trip to UMass!
If you have questions or need assistance, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.