» Laptop PC lending
Laptop PC lending
W.E.B. Du Bois Library, Lower Level
UMass Amherst students may check out Laptop PCs from Circulation/Reserves on the Lower Level of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library for in-building use.
Fines and Fees
Laptop Loan Agreement
- Only UMass Amherst students may check out equipment.
- Valid UCard required. A second picture ID may also be requested.
- Equipment for use exclusively in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library.
- Wireless access available throughout the whole building.
- 4 hours.
- No renewals.
- If other equipment available for checkout, borrowers may check out equipment again immediately.
- No reservations.
- Borrowers are responsible for equipment while it is checked out to them.
- No checkouts when Reserves/Media/Microforms is closed.
- Return equipment to Circulation/Reserves Service Desk on the Lower Level of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library.
- Equipment checked out within 4 hours of closing is due back 30 minutes before Reserves/Media closes.
- Do not return equipment in a Library book return.
- Borrowers are liable for loss or damage to equipment, including loss or damage caused by putting it in the Library's book returns. Borrowers are also liable for late fees and replacement costs for equipment given to a third party to return.
Fines and Fees
- Late fees are $20.00 per hour or fraction thereof, up to a maximum fine of $480.00.
- Non-refundable $10.00 billing and $15.00 processing fees are added to bills for fines and replacement costs.
- After 24 hours, borrowers will be billed for the replacement cost of the equipment.
Laptop PC Replacement Costs (Dell Latitude D630, E6400)
|Total replacement cost (Dell E6400 is $1200)
|Dell 24X IDE CDRW/DVD Drive
|85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
|Dell 90 W AC Adaptor
|Classic Nylon Carrying Case
Last Edited: 17 July 2013