LOG IN to find your Reserve materials
(readings for your course).
You will need:
- Course number or Instructor's last name
- Password provided by Instructor
- E-Reserves account. Creating an account is easy, and accounts can be used immediately.
To reactivate a previously taught course or request a new course, please email us with your course information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOG IN to request reserve materials for pre-existing courses by using the "Add Reserve Items" function. For more information: How to Add Reserve Items [PDF].
You will need:
All instructors will receive an activation notice via email when the course site is ready.
Request forms are also available in DOC and PDF at right, Book Chapters or Journal Articles, depending on the items you would like to use.
Email or call a staff member if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you.
The UMass Libraries’ Course Reserve & Media Support Services offer curriculum specific resources for instructors and students. Material selected by the instructor is made available online or in person; physical reserves are in the W. E. B. Du Bois Library, Lower Level. Electronic Reserves and are posted in a course-specific page on the Libraries’ website.
- Physical Reserve – Materials available on 3 hour loan include: Library-owned and/or instructor personal copies of books, DVDs and CD media (including faculty provided textbooks).
- Electronic Reserve – Materials that can be placed on electronic reserve: book chapters, articles, sample term papers/exams/quizzes, lecture notes, syllabi, manuscripts, links to online content in the Libraries’ databases or on the web.
- Streaming Reserve – Instructor specified on-demand streaming of library owned media is available for remote access to audio and video materials that are part of the course curriculum.
- Media Booking –UMass Amherst faculty and staff may book UMass and Five College films, videos, and DVDs in advance, for classroom use or for showing in a library viewing room.
- Equipment – Students may borrow Windows7 laptops, digital video cameras, digital audio recorders, and microphones from Circulation/Reserves in the W. E. B. Du Bois Library.
For more specific curriculum material support, please contact your Subject Liaison.
To learn about the Libraries' support of Open Educational Resources, please see our guide or contact Scholarly Communications.
Last Edited: 12 November 2014