Request Item, Recall, & Five College Delivery
"Request Item" from the Five Colleges Libraries CatalogThe Request Item feature allows you to request retrieval of an item from any of the Five College Libraries.
Note: If the item is available for retrieval, it will be available for pickup at the Circulation Desk two business days after the request was submitted or the item was requested. If the item is checked out to another user, a recall has to be initiated. It will take a minimum of ten days.
How to use this service:
- Search the Library Catalog and display the record for the item
- Click the Request Item button above the book information
- Enter your Library Barcode
- Re-enter your barcode
- Select Your Library
- Press Go
- If the item is not available for request, the system will indicate that it cannot process your request. Please contact the circulation staff for assistance (413) 545-2622.
- If the item is available for request, the system will indicate "Items are currently available at the following locations." If you wish, modify the Period of Interest, which is the time period in which you will still be interested in receiving the item. The default is two months. If you need the item sooner, change the date in the second box.
- Press Go. If your request was successful, the system will indicate that you will be notified once the item is ready for pickup.
As a Research Library, access to materials is critical to our mission. All borrowed books are subject to Recall with 10 days notice. If you have an item recalled by another user, you will receive a Recall Notice. You are guaranteed a minimum of at least 14 days with any book you check out.
Note: Recalled items must be returned to the UMass Amherst Libraries within 10 days. Fines accrue at the rate of $2 per day up to $30 for items not returned within 10 days of a Recall Notice.
Last Edited: 24 September 2010